Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spa Booties!

I saw this pattern entitled, Peekaboo in a knitted socks pattern book called, The Joy of Sox by Linda Kopp, and instantly wanted them for myself. My feet get hot in socks sometimes and therefore, I'm very intrigued by toeless socks. Plus, I liked the idea of wearing these socks when giving myself a much deserved pedicure!


I purposely made the socks to not match and I like the contrast of the two color schemes. The pattern was relatively easy to follow and quick to make. I did have to go down a few sizes in needles since my feet are on the smaller side nowadays! I'm only now realizing just how important making a gauge swatch is. There's nothing worse than laboring to make something only to find that it's too big or too small. Check your gauge, people! 


There is a strip between the big toe and middle toe to help keep the socks in place. 










1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on these toeless socks and I love the colors!! PVA

    ReplyDelete